My iMeetzu app has been sluggishly working it’s way through the approval process of what seems to be 1/2 of an employee at Apple approving these things. Just Joshin’ ya Jobs, but it honestly was under approval for about 8 weeks before we got a response telling us to make some changes before it can be accepted. Making changes to an app means getting to the back of the line to be approved again. The required adjustments have been made and we’re sitting in line again waiting for this thing to get pushed public. Since I’ve had all this time to think about the app, I cleaned it up a ton and made a short video demo attached here at the bottom of this post. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I changed the layout quite a bit. The colors match the new iMeetzu site and I did away with the iPhone style chat bubbles. I thought the bubbles were going to be great, but I realized the only thing awesome about them was how hard they were to build in CSS. They made the app look cheap, and its not! So I had to get rid of those and simplify the chat box with a white background and a single line between messages. Plus I like having it say “You” and “Stranger” in the all too infamous red and blue colors.
My final thought on the app is to add in some of the advanced features from the site such as smilies and images. I haven’t decided on this yet, but I imagine some of these cool features from the full version of iMeetzu will find their way to the iPhone app. Luckily most of the changes to the app can be done via some files hosted on one of my servers, so we won’t always have to wait 2 months in between versions!